Post 16 Curriculum
Please click on the link below to submit your Post 16 subject choices.
Omagh CBS has a long established tradition of achievement, success, quality teaching and learning at Post 16 Level. The special features of Senior School include:
- Expert tuition in 27 courses at A Level, OCR Technical and BTEC level.
- A friendly atmosphere where a committed team of teachers and support staff working in partnership with the students
- A tutorial programme designed to help each student achieve his full potential
- Specialist career guidance and advice on university applications and interviews
- Work Experience
- A Senior Prefect System
- Involvement in the Student Council, the Pope John Paul II Award and the Millennium Volunteer Award
- Opportunities to develop and show leadership qualities
- An enrichment programme to broaden learning experiences
- An innovative R.E. programme
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities
- A fully equipped Home Economics suite
- Extensive IT facilities
- Excellent library facilities
- A separate study centre with IT facilities and kitchen attached
- Fully equipped Fitness Suites, Gym and 3G football pitch
Choose from 27 A-Levels, OCR Technicals and BTEC courses;
|Art & Design||IT – (OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3)|
|Business (BTEC) – Subsidiary||Life and Health Science|
|Construction (BTEC) – Subsidiary & Diploma||Music*|
|Digital Technology||Performing & Production Arts|
|Engineering (BTEC) – Subsidiary||Physics|
|English Literature||Psychology *|
|Environmental Technology*||Religious Studies|
|Geography||Software Systems Development|
|Government and Politics*||Spanish|
|History||Sport (BTEC) – Subsidiary & Diploma|
|Technology (System Control)|
All A Levels are modular. The AS (Advanced Subsidiary) modules in each subject covered in Year 13 will be examined in that year and will constitute an AS Level (i.e. half an A Level) in that subject.
A2 modules will be taken in each subject in year 14, and these will them combine with the AS to produce a full A Level. AS and A Levels are graded on a scale of A-E.
Students taking a BTEC course will be graded Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* at the end of the two years study.
To give breadth and balance to your Post 16 subject choice we advise the following:
- AS Business cannot be taken with BTEC Business.
- Only one from Digital Technology, OCR Technical I.T/ Computing may be chosen.
- Only one of the Sport related courses should be taken.
- Only one from Engineering or Technology.