Year 8 Admissions Criteria for September 2022
|CHRISTIAN BROTHERS’ GRAMMAR SCHOOL||Voluntary Grammar School|
|Age Range: 11-18|
|Telephone: 028 8224 3567
Principal: Mr Foncy McConnell
Chairman of the Board of Governors: Mr Patrick McMahon
|Admissions No: 135
Enrolment No: 950
RESPECTIVE FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS AND PRINCIPAL IN RELATION TO ADMISSIONS
The Christian Brothers’ Grammar School, Omagh is a Catholic grammar school for boys which serves the community of the local area as indicated by the list of feeder primary schools. This school wishes to accept boys who are academically suited for the type of education it offers and whose parents/guardians are in agreement with the ethos and aims of the school. The Board of Governors has delegated the responsibilities for the task of applying the criteria as indicated below to a Transfer Sub Committee, which includes the School Principal.
Applications made in a particular academic year will be considered only for entry in that year. Thereafter, applicants will be required to make a new application for any subsequent year. A waiting list of applicants who made an initial application for admission in 2022 will be held until Friday 9th September 2022. Thereafter, parents/guardians who wish their child to be considered, should a place become available, must make a new application.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA 2022
- For the application of the Admissions Criteria, if there are more boys who meet one of the criteria than there are places available, then the remaining criteria will become sub-criteria and applied successively in the order set out until the final selection is completed.
- Therefore, the criteria further down the ranking list serve as sub-criteria or tiebreakers for the admissions process.
- Preference will be given to boys who give the Christian Brothers’ Grammar School Omagh as their first-choice school on the Application
- Boys with a brother who is currently a pupil or was a past pupil of the Christian Brothers’ Grammar School Omagh or has been selected for admission to the school in the coming school
- Boys who are from traditional feeder primary schools listed
- Boys who at the date of their application are the eldest of the family to be eligible to apply for admission to the school.
- Boys who are entitled to Free School Meals. “Entitled to Free School Meals” will mean applicants who are listed on the Education Authority register as entitled to Free School Meals. The last date for parents to communicate to the Education Authority their entitlement to free school meals is no later than 4pm on 9 March 2022.
- Boys with a parent currently on the permanent staff of the Christian Brothers’ Grammar School Omagh or a member of the Board of Governors of the
- Boys who have a parent or grandparent who is a past pupil of the Christian Brothers’ Grammar School Omagh and where verifiable evidence has been
- Boys ranked by date of birth as entered on the Birth Certificate with the eldest being admitted
- In the event of two or more boys having the same date of birth and thereby qualifying for the last place(s), the boys will be ranked by alphabetical order of surname and then forenames as listed on the birth certificate.
- If following this procedure there are still two or more boys with the same surname and forenames as appear on their birth certificates, then applicants will be admitted by Computerised Random
List of Feeder Primary Schools for the Christian Brothers Omagh
|All Saints Tattysallagh||St Caireall’s Aghyaran||St Mary’s Killyclogher|
|Arvalee Primary School||St Catherine’s Strabane||St Mary’s Pomeroy|
|Christ the King Omagh||St Columba’s Clady||St Mary’s Strabane|
|Drumduff Primary School||St Columbkille’s Carrickmore||St Oliver Plunkett’s Beragh|
|Drumlish Primary School||St Conor’s Omagh||St Patrick’s Aughadarragh|
|Gaelscoil na gCrann||St Dympna’s Dromore||St Patrick’s Castlederg|
|Gaelscoil Ui Dhochartaigh||St Eugene’s Victoria Bridge||St Patrick’s Eskra|
|Knocknagor Trillick||St Eugene’s Tircur||St Patrick’s Gortin|
|Omagh Integrated P.S.||St Joseph’s Drumquin||St Patrick’s Newtownstewart|
|Our Lady of Lourdes P.S.||St Joseph’s Ederney||St Peter’s Plumbridge|
|Recarson Primary School||St Joseph’s Kildress||St Scire’s Trillick|
|Roscavey Primary School||St Lawrence’s Fintona||St Teresa’s Glebe|
|Sacred Heart Tattyreagh||St Macartan’s Clogher||St Teresa’s Loughmacrory|
|Sion Mills Primary School||St Malachy’s Glencull||Tattygar Primary School|
|St Brigid’s Altamuskin||St Michael’s Dunamanagh||The Holy Family Omagh|
|St Brigid’s Cranagh||St Mary’s Ballygawley||Tummery Primary School|
|St Brigid’s Mountfield||St Mary’s Cloughcor|
Verification of all Information
The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on the Transfer Application or appended to the Transfer Application by parents/guardians. For verification purposes original documents are required and not photocopies.
The provision of false or incorrect information or the failure to provide any further requested verifying documents within a deadline set by the Christian Brothers’ Grammar School will result in either the withdrawal of a place or the inability of the school to offer a place.
It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to ensure that:
- The Transfer Application and other necessary documentation is correctly
- Any Special Provision being claimed is properly documented as described in detail above and in the guidance documentation available from our
- The provision of any verification documents required is the responsibility of the parents/ guardians of the child and should be provided within specified
Failure to ensure that this occurs may lead to any request for special circumstances not being considered and/or the application not being considered by the Board of Governors and/or the withdrawal of a place in the school.
NUMBERS OF APPLICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS
|Year||Admissions No.||Total Applications All Preferences||Total Admissions|
*Total Admissions includes statemented pupils and/or pupils admitted following an appeal.
Admissions Criteria for Years 9 and upwards are available by contacting the school.