Allstate Northern Ireland: IT Apprenticeship Opportunity
At Allstate Northern Ireland, we believe it’s more than just a job. We believe in allowing our people to choose the direction of their careers. It’s about you, your future and where you want to get to.
Opportunity is the hallmark of the Allstate career experience. We invest heavily in our employees, offering long term career development, personal growth and investment in new technologies. Every day is different, with new ideas, challenges, and rewards — no matter which team you join.
We believe that inclusive diversity is crucial to creating a culture of mutual respect where the strengths and talents of each individual are recognised. We like to leave things better than we found them and deliver results. We do all of this while having fun and exploring personal passions.
Join our team and you’ll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Choose earning AND learning. Choose the Good Hands Academy!
Being part of the Good Hands Academy will allow you to graduate with a BSC Hons in Computing Systems while working, earning and learning in one of our technology teams. The 4-year program is a Higher Level Apprenticeship (HLA) in partnership with Ulster University (UU). You will benefit from:
- Earning a competitive salary as you learn
- Permanent employment from day one
- Having your university fees paid
- A fantastic career with Allstate on completion
You will attend Ulster University one day a week to complete a BSC Hons in Computing Systems and work 4 days a week on one of our technology teams, alongside experienced IT professionals.
You will gain exposure to a range of cutting-edge technologies, tools and methodologies. You will learn within a supportive and nurturing environment.
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK
- Grade B or above in GCSE English and Math
- Have achieved or expected to achieve by August 2021 grades BBB or above at A Level, of which at least one qualification must be in either Math, Chemistry, Physics or a Computing (Software Systems Development, Computing or Computer Science not IT/ICT)
- Allstate will also accept a range of alternative qualifications which equate to 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points for pre 2016 qualifications)
*Candidates will need to provide evidence of qualifications
We also have some desirable criteria
- Preference will be given to candidates who have achieved or expected to achieve by August 2021 grade B at A Level in Software Systems Development, Computing or Computer Science (not IT/ICT).
The following candidates are not eligible to enter a Department funded HLA:
- A person taking up or already in self employment
- An existing Allstate NI employee who remains in their current job
- A public sector employee
- A person for whom the training provider/University, employer and/or participant is claiming training funding and/or student loans and support from any other department budget or program.
- A person who already holds an IT related degree
- A person following a full-time course of study in either further or higher education at the time of commencement of the HLA (Sept 2020).
What we offer
As Digital DNA’s Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you’ll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 13th April 2021