- Mrs. S Darcy (Head of Department)
- Ms. B Sludden
- Ms. C Teague
- Ms. A Nugent
Some of the Topics we cover in Year 8:
- The Bible – Old Testament and New Testament Stories; in particular we study the gospel of Mark.
- The sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation
- Palestine at the Time of Jesus
- Famous Stories (Parables) told by Jesus.
- The Mass and why it is important for Catholics
- Parish life and how we can serve God and others.
Some of the Topics we cover in Year 9:
- Understanding the Universe and Caring for the Earth
- The Ten Commandments and how they can help us live better lives
- The Orthodox church
- We learn about different Protestant Churches and how we can build better relationships between Catholics and Protestants
- We study the Gospel of Luke
- We learn about Jewish Religion
Some of the Topics we cover in Year 10:
- Knowing and Accepting Myself
- The importance of Friendship
- Prejudice and Stereotyping
- Justice and Human Rights
- The Religion of Islam
- The Life and Message of St Paul
- How Christianity came to Ireland
How will I be assessed in Years 8, 9 and 10?
You will have an exam at the end of each Term.