Post 16 Curriculum
Omagh CBS has a long established tradition of achievement, success, quality teaching and learning at Post 16 Level. The special features of Senior School include:
- Expert tuition in 29 courses at A Level, OCR Technical and BTEC level.
- A friendly atmosphere where a committed team of teachers and support staff working in partnership with the students
- A tutorial programme designed to help each student achieve his full potential
- Specialist career guidance and advice on university applications and interviews
- Work Experience
- A Senior Prefect System
- Involvement in the Student Council, the Pope John Paul II Award and the Millennium Volunteer Award
- Opportunities to develop and show leadership qualities
- An enrichment programme to broaden learning experiences
- An innovative R.E. programme
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities
- A fully equipped Home Economics suite
- Extensive IT facilities
- Excellent library facilities
- A separate study centre with IT facilities and kitchen attached
- Fully equipped Fitness Suites, Gym and 3G football pitch
Choose from 29 A-Levels, OCR Technicals and BTEC courses;
Art and Design
Business (BTEC) – Subsidiary
Construction (BTEC) – Subsidiary & Diploma
Engineering (BTEC) – Subsidiary
Environmental Technology (OLC)
Government and Politics (OLC)
I.T. (Cambridge Technicals Level 3)
Life and Health Sciences
Software Systems Development
Sport (BTEC) – Subsidiary, Diploma and Triple Award
Technology (Systems Control)
OLC – courses offered through Omagh Learning Community.
All A Levels are modular. The AS (Advanced Subsidiary) modules in each subject covered in Year 13 will be examined in that year and will constitute an AS Level (i.e. half an A Level) in that subject.
A2 modules will be taken in each subject in year 14, and these will them combine with the AS to produce a full A Level. AS and A Levels are graded on a scale of A-E.
Students taking a BTEC course will be graded Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* at the end of the two years study.
To give breadth and balance to your Post 16 subject choice we advise the following:
- Business Studies cannot be taken with BTEC Business.
- Only one from Digital Technology, OCR Technical I.T or Software Systems Development may be chosen.
Teacher explanations of the courses on offer
Click on the links below to get an explanation of the specific courses from the teachers who deliver them.
Courses offered through the Omagh Learning Community
Government & Politics*