Andor Technology – Oxford Instruments: HLA Opportunity Mechatronics
Job Function: Operations
Business Unit: Andor Technology
At Andor, we recognise that Mechatronic Engineering unites the principles of mechanics, electronics and computing. It combines mechanical engineering problem-solving and design skills with expertise in digital electronics and computing systems to produce advanced products and systems through automation and the use of robotics. Andor have partnered with South-Eastern Regional College for many years to deliver the Higher Level Apprenticeship in Mechatronics.
These positions are based at our Belfast headquarters full time onsite for 3 years with the successful candidates attending college 1 day per week at the Bangor or Lisburn campus between September and June. The HLA is accredited by Ulster University.
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above or Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- 2 GCE A-Levels to include a STEM subject or a Level 3 vocational qualification in Engineering, equivalent to 64 UCAS points. (Level 3 qualifications other than BTEC or City & Guilds will be subject to UU approval, and OCN qualifications are generally not accepted)
* Please note STEM subjects are Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Technology & Design, Design & Technology, Engineering, Electronics or Double Award Science/Applied Science.
Online applications are now open and we will interview on 19th and 20th July 2023 for a September start date in line with the academic year. Completed applications should be submitted no later than midnight on 7th July 2023.
Check out our social media pages to hear from our current apprentices.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Louise Dooley In-House Recruitment Specialist via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply via this link: Andor Technology – Oxford Instruments Careers (oxinst.com)
Our company values of being Inclusive, Innovative, Trusted and Purposeful are at the core of everything we do for our customers and our teams. At Andor, our employees are fundamental to our business success and we are delighted to provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits programme with a range of options to suit your lifestyle.
Andor provides employees with a competitive compensation & benefits package to suit your lifestyle.
- Health & Wellbeing- Mental Health First Aiders, Employee Assistance Programme, Private Medical Insurance with BUPA for you and your dependents, Income Protection, Life Assurance and Personal Accident Insurance. Company sick pay and medical leave, Occupational healthcare Service
- Money & Lifestyle –Pension – employer contributory scheme (6%), Share Incentive Plan, Leave Purchase Scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Car Salary Exchange Scheme, Tech Purchase scheme. Give as You Earn. Employee discount scheme. Free Parking Onsite.
- Career –Externally accredited training and development opportunities, Service awards, LinkedIn learning, Learning & development programmes.
- Work Life Balance – 187.5 holiday hours, 9 customary holidays. Flexible start and finish times, lunchtime finish on Fridays, Enhanced maternity pay, Enhanced paternity pay, Bereavement leave.