Apprentice Civil Design Engineer – Tetra Tech
Are you looking for an exciting, interesting job role which can turn into a successful career helping shape the world we live in?
If you’re ambitious, innovative, and practically minded we may be able to help.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting services with experts across a wide variety of disciplines from project managers, engineers, surveyors and town planners to environmental specialists, asset management professionals and more.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do! They help our clients succeed, our business prosper and the communities we work in thrive.
We need the very best people to maintain our position as a market leader. This includes those taking their first steps onto the career ladder – after all you are the future of our industry and if you’ve got ideas and ambition we want to hear from you!
If you join Tetra Tech as an Apprentice not only will you get to work on exciting, ground-breaking projects from day 1, you will also be given support to grow in your chosen discipline as well as training to develop the core skills needed to succeed in the corporate world. This is all part of our early careers programme – as is the chance to connect with others also starting out in their career, access to mentoring, Chartership support & bonuses and more.
Role Title: Apprentice Civil/Structural Engineer
Start Date: September 2023
We have opportunities in our Belfast office for Apprentices with a keen interest in developing skills in civil or structural engineering to become part of a team working on a variety of high-profile projects throughout Ireland, the UK & beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as an Engineer.
The team undertakes a wide variety of major and challenging projects for the private and public sector, across a range of development sectors. We seek to provide integrated solutions incorporating state of the art design. Projects typically range in size from £1m to £100m schemes covering infrastructure, healthcare, education, commercial, industrial and residential developments.
This position will include day release 1 day per week during term time to attend a local University to complete a fully funded accredited BEng Hons degree in Civil Engineering.
- Delivery of scheme and concept designs of a wide range of engineering projects across a variety of sectors
- Provide technical assistance to the members of the Engineering team
- Assist in the delivery of projects on time and to budget
- Use of some of the latest engineering design software Eg. AutoCad, REVIT, Masterseries, Microdrainage
- Assist in design reviews and verification checks
- Undertake site visits and surveys
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, regulations and site procedures or instructions
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, stakeholders and utility companies
- A minimum of three A levels at Grades A*-C including Mathematics and Physical Science or their equivalent or will have completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Civil Engineering Technician.
- A minimum of Five GCSE’s at Grades 9-4/A* – C including Maths, English and Science or their equivalent
- A keen interest in Civil Engineering
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player displaying enthusiasm, flexibility and versatility.
- MS Office skills
- Desirable – Full, clean UK driving license and ideally access to a vehicle
Application Closing Date: 2nd December 2022
Assessement centre held in March 2023