Apprentice Software Engineer – Liberty IT
The Liberty IT TechStart program is the perfect way to kickstart your career. When you join us at Liberty IT, you will take your first steps in a challenging and rewarding technology career where you will combine on-the-job learning with structured academic and development programs.
You’ll be a key member within our core development teams that designs, codes, tests and maintains a range of platforms and services for our Fortune 100 parent company, Liberty Mutual. You will learn the fundamentals of enterprise engineering, sharpen your programming skills and have clear career progression opportunities.
You will be working side by side with and learning from our experienced software engineers and through our Buddy Scheme, you’ll receive ongoing feedback and coaching from a dedicated mentor in your team.
Through our Social Club and other company initiatives, you’ll also have the opportunity to connect with and have fun with your new colleagues outside of the working day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be part of a team who are working to solve complex business problems by delivering high-quality software that provides an outstanding experience for our customers.
- With support from more senior team members, write and debug code in line with the team’s set standards to solve user stories and tasks.
- Communicate and update your progress regularly at stand-ups or similar agile events.
- Collaborate closely and cooperatively with your technical and non-technical teams to work towards the best solution that maximises value to the customer.
- Contribute to a culture of code quality and implement automated, unit and integration testing as part of the software development lifecycle. Apply good security processes such as threat modelling to the code you develop.
- Grow your knowledge of technology and software engineering.
- Supported by senior team members, seek opportunities to share and celebrate what you’ve learned through internal tech talks, blogging and external events.
Experience and skills we need:
- Hold or be in the process of obtaining the relevant education qualifications to meet the standard entry conditions and the general entrance requirements for the BSc (Hons) Computing Systems at Ulster University. Access for more information.
- Enjoy technology and have written code for fun in your spare time.
- A proven ability to write working code.
What’s on offer
- Feel safe and secure whatever life brings, with health insurance (including access to a digital doctor), life assurance and income protection.
- Enjoy both today and tomorrow with employee discount schemes, annual bonuses and a competitive pension.
- Protect your wellbeing with flexible working and a real work-life balance. Specifically, we have adopted a hybrid remote and in-office working culture, meaning you have ultimate flexibility in your work environment.
- Grow yourself, your career and reputation through continuous learning, promotion opportunities and our generous recognition programme.
- A little background on LIT
Our Recruitment Process
Job Applications Close: 7 March 2023
Coding challenge: issued on 8 March 2023
Recruitment Centres: 20 March 2023.
Offers: By 27 March 2023
The Apprentice Software Engineer position will begin in September 2023.
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension
- Private Health Insurance
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Insurance
- Generous Leave Entitlement
- Sick Pay
- Flexible Working
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continued Employment Development