Apprenticeship Opportunities with Moy Park
- Posted by Fearghal Quinn
- Posted in Careers Blog
As a Moy Park Apprentice you will receive extensive mentorship, classroom sessions, support and hands-on practical learning experiences, all while benefitting from Moy Park’s additional workplace learning and reward schemes. You will form an integral part of the business, bringing fresh ideas and perspectives which is essential to our position at the forefront of cutting-edge food innovation, assisting Moy Park in becoming the best and most respected company in our industry.
With opportunities from level 2 to level 6 – there really is something for everyone, so if you are just leaving school or college and looking for your first work opportunity, or fancy a change in career this could be what you are looking for.
- Food Operator Apprentice – Level 2
This apprenticeship is designed to provide you with the essential knowledge and skills for working in a modern-day Food & Drink manufacturing site. Through completing this year long programme you will learn essentials such as Food Safety and Environmental factors as well as learning some more complex skills such as Waste Reduction, Problem Solving and Production Processes.
The Food and Drink Manufacturing Sector is one of the most important and fast growing in the UK and as such this apprenticeship represents the beginning of a career which can take you into a wide variety of directions.
Competitive starting salary from £9.82
Application closing date: 29th May 2022
- Food Operator Apprentice – Level 3
This apprenticeship programme is aimed at people looking to develop into working as a machine minder, process control or key skills positions. The apprentice develops individual capability to make a real progressive and technical contribution to the organisation covering a wide range of skills all relevant to food production.
Completion of this apprenticeship will give you a broader and deeper skillset, covering a higher level of understanding of Production and the Supply Chain, Internal and External Auditing, Continuous Improvement /Lean Manufacturing and Food Science. As such, this apprenticeship can lead on to careers in almost any area associated with Manufacturing.
Competitive starting salary from £10.24
Application closing date: 29th May 2022
- Engineering Apprentice – Level 3 Multi Skilled Engineer Programme
The food industry is an exciting place to be an engineer. Our engineering teams have access to some of the most innovative, modern and technically automated equipment available, to manufacture a wide range of food products for our consumers.
- A good academic background
- 6 GCSE’s Grades A-C including Maths, English and Science or Technology
- Have good electrical or mechanical aptitude demonstrated through school activities or hobby interests
- A passion for the food industry and a desire to learn
- Enthusiastic and passionate about a career in engineering
- Be confident, positive and willing to learn
- The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills
Competitive starting salary from £18,250 and the opportunity to earn in excess of £35k once fully qualified.
Application closing date: Monday 16th May 2022
- Technical Apprentices – Food Safety and Quality Apprentices Level 5 and 6
Working with industry approved training partners we will support you in your career by giving you the opportunity to practise what you learn in the classroom, back in your workplace and gain invaluable support from a highly skilled Food Safety and Quality team.
Alongside the degree programme, you will work through a structured programme, gaining a breadth of knowledge and skills in food safety, legality, integrity and quality which will prepare you to kickstart your career in Moy Park as a site based Quality Assurance Auditor.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three GCSE or equivalent qualifications at Grade C or above including English Language, Mathematics and a science subject.
- A minimum of two A-Levels or equivalent qualifications
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in a relevant subject (for example, Food Technology, Food Nutrition and Health, Agriculture, Applied Science)
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Food and Drink (other relevant subject areas may be considered)
Competitive starting salary from £18,250 which will increase throughout the apprenticeship programme.