Apprenticeship Opportunity with FinTrU
- Posted by Fearghal Quinn
- Posted in Careers Blog
This is a great opportunity to kickstart your career in Accountancy, gain exposure to all aspects of a global Finance function whilst paving your way to becoming a Qualified Accounting Technician via the Higher Level Apprenticeship programme.
During your apprenticeship, you will play an integral part in our established internal Finance Team with significant opportunity to get gain exposure and hold responsibility across a variety of areas.
The successful candidate will attend North West Regional College one day per week from September 2022 studying for the professionally-accredited Accounting Technicians Ireland (ATI) exams and receiving support from both a college and FinTrU-based mentor.
Initial Role Responsibilities:
- Processing supplier invoices within cloud-based accounting software
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and preparation of weekly supplier payment runs
- Assisting in the verification of new supplier bank details and new supplier onboarding
- Drafting month end sales invoices and monitoring credit control
- Bank and Petty Cash reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly VAT Returns and annual audits
- Monitoring the team email inbox and responding proactively to queries
- All other ad-hoc finance duties upon request
The Ideal Candidate:
- Self-starter with a proactive approach
- Keen commitment to study and personal development alongside work
- Ability to problem solve with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an organised and structured approach
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Any previous experience within an Accounting or Finance role or placement is not essential, but will be considered
Higher Level Apprenticeship eligibility criteria:
- All applicants must meet the minimum school leavers’ age as of 1st July 2022
- Recent school leavers who have undertaken A-Levels or other relevant Level 3 qualifications must have a minimum of 96 UCAS Tariff Points plus a minimum Grade B in GCSE Maths and Grade C in English (UK) or a minimum of 96 UCAS Points plus a Grade O3 in Maths and Grade O4 in English (ROI) by 1st July 2022
- Applicants who are 25 years of age as at 1st January 2022 but do not possess the minimum educational requirements may still apply based on qualifications and experience
The closing date for applications is 21st March 2022.
For further details and to apply Click here