ATU Sports Scholarship Applications Are Open
ATU Sports Scholarship applications are open. The ATU Sports Scholarship programme provides supports to talented student athletes to recognise their need to balance both sporting and academic commitments. Through both financial and non-financial benefits, the programme aims to reward students for their dedication and skill and provide them further opportunity to develop as students and sportspeople. The application is open to athletes across a huge variety of sports. For more information or to apply, please go to the ATU Sports Scholarship Webpage
Eligibility for New Entrants to ATU:
To be eligible for selection for a Sports Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be eligible for admission to ATU as an undergraduate/postgraduate student for the first time
- Be pursuing a full-time course at any ATU campus, including ATU St. Angela’s
- Be participating in a sport recognised by Sport Ireland. In exceptional circumstances ATU may accept applications from athletes who are participating in sports not recognised by Sport Ireland.
- Be available to compete for the university within their chosen sport
- Have demonstrated high achievement in their chosen sport (level of achievement is relevant to the sport) in the last 2 years – See sporting level required.
- Demonstrate outstanding ability in their chosen sport and demonstrate an ability to compete at Provincial, National or International level
To be eligible for selection for a Sports Scholarship, the applicant must have reached a high level of sporting achievement. Examples include:
- Be/have been a member of a GAA Inter-county team (Minor, U20 or Senior) and a regular starting player in the current year or in the previous 12-24 months.
- Be/have been a member of a League of Ireland/Northern Irish Football League Soccer team and a regular starting player in the current year.
- Be/have been a member of an Irish International Underage Basketball panel or Academy or National League team and a regular starting player in the current year or in the previous 18 months.
- Be/have been a member of a team sport competing at National/International level outside of GAA, Soccer and Basketball at comparable levels to the examples above and displayed outstanding potential and a regular starting player in the current year or in the previous 18 months.
- Have demonstrated an ability to compete at National level in an individual sport