BBC InfoSec (Cyber) Security Business Analyst Degree Apprenticeship – Level 6 Opportunity
- A salary of £15,074 per year (pro-rated)
- 25 days holiday a year with an option to buy or sell days to suit you. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year.
- Gold-standard industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC staff.
- A technical mentor to support and guide you during your training.
- A defined contributions pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will be offered a permanent position as a Business Analyst within one of our BBC teams with a starting salary from £27,000.
What to expect on your apprenticeship:
This apprenticeship will introduce you to specialist and strategist knowledge with a strong focus on Business Analytics and develop fundamental competencies which will assist in furthering your understanding of Data Analysis and the fast changing world of the Business and developing your future career/career pathway. This will also enhance your understanding of key issues in business, technology, project and people management and allow you to consider these issues within the BBC workplace.
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will be based within our BBC Information Security (Cyber Security) team in Belfast. This on-the-job experience is geared to developing your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in accordance with the apprenticeship standards.
This is an amazing development opportunity for individuals with a technology background who are looking to move into Information and Cyber Security with first class training and career opportunities available in a truly supportive environment.
BBC InfoSec is a specialist team within BBC Technology Group that helps keep BBC information secure. The team advises on best practice, deals with threats and manages potential cyber-attacks across the BBC globally. Working with our InfoSec teams you will develop skills and knowledge to perform security risk assessments for a range of IT and Production systems and propose solutions jointly with InfoSec Specialists. Perform a business impact analysis in response to a security incident and follow a disaster recovery plan to meet elements of a given business continuity plan.
This Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist Professional Degree Apprenticeship (Integrated) will be delivered by our chosen Leaning Provider, New College of the Humanities and Northeastern University, over the course of 3.5 years.
This delivery model is delivered both virtually and in-person – ranging from virtual instructor led workshops; plus, three weeks per year for in-person training including a variety of synchronous and asynchronous activities; practical and library based research; presentations and group work; as well as real-world simulated projects. The first two years’ academic learning will be focused on your Levels 4 and 5 (primary core modules including Business Fundamentals, Mathematical Structures, Data Management Systems, Computer Science & Programming, Organisational Behaviour, Cyber Security); then for the final year you will progress onto Level 6 learning (including furthering your knowledge on your Business Analyst specialism including Customer Lifecycle Management, Change Management, Data Driven Decision Making) and a work-based/synoptic project in relation to Digital and Technology Solutions with a strong focus on Business Analysis after which point you will progress onto an integrated End Point Assessment (EPA). The EPA will be used to map your collated evidence against the required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 6 BSc (Hons) Professional Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions and you will become a permanent member of our BBC InfoSec (Cyber) Security team in Belfast.
The Ideal Candidate
This scheme is suitable for developing Business Analysts or even Data Analysts with a focus on Business Analysis as well those individuals with limited programming experience or emerging Programmers. It is also suitable for those individuals who wish to develop their existing knowledge on Business Analytics and to develop a more specialist and strategic knowledge in that specific field.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C ) or above in English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent qualifications will be considered).
- A levels/Level 3 Apprenticeship, or other relevant qualifications and experience, we shall be seeking A-B grades in math as this apprenticeship has modules in mathematical structures. Other A-level results can be C or higher. We welcome anyone with a computer science further education award (such as BTEC).
- You love your numbers and be passionate about Information & Cyber security and working alongside Cyber Security Technologists supporting them and our business stakeholders with insights and analysis.
- Be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in September 2022.
- You will want to work in a data driven department, for example in business intelligence, data assurance, data quality, technology services.
- You should be able to communicate data effectively and have a passion to become more data orientated.
- You will want to work with data on a regular basis, generating reports, analysing data, or crunching numbers using spreadsheets.
- You should be motivated and self-driven.
Applications are open. We encourage you to apply early as we receive an extremely high volume of applications for our roles every year and applications may close earlier than anticipated. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Start Date: Monday 19th September 2022 (TBC – in line with university induction delivery)
Application Closing Date: 18 April, 2022
Scheme Duration: 3 Years
Location: Belfast (x 2 places)
Typical roles following the scheme: Junior Business Analyst