CAFRE Events in January and February 2022
- Posted by Fearghal Quinn
- Posted in Careers Blog
- The “Any Questions” Webinars are very informal and suitable for any pupil thinking about applying for CAFRE courses in Food and Equine.
- We are offering more guided Campus Tours of Loughry Campus to allow potential students to see the learning facilities and student accommodation. The guide will be a member of the teaching team who will be able to answer any questions pupils or their families may have. These must be pre-booked via the CAFRE website.
- Finally we are participating in the very successful NI Science Festival again this year. We will be running two workshops.
- “The Marvellous Microbes” workshop focuses on the GCSE Applied Science specification. Pupils will spend some laboratory time with our Food Microbiologists growing their own microbes and perfecting their aseptic techniques. Pupils will learn all about autoclaving, inoculating, incubating and discover why food microbes are always on the menu!
- “Bubblicious – A Molecular Gastronomy” workshop focuses on focus on A-Level Chemistry. Here, pupils will spend some laboratory time with our Food Technologists, applying the principles of precipitation and ionic bonding of complex polysaccharides to create a drinkable sphere; or as us ‘Foodies’ like to call it.. Bubble Tea! Pupils will get a chance to make their own flavours and sample them.