Computing Apprentice – Kainos (Belfast) – September 2023 Start
Are you ready to take your next big step towards a fantastic career in tech? We are a growing, global organisation which delivers technology transformation that changes the world and improves lives. Our highly regarded Higher Level Apprentice scheme gives the opportunity to work four days per week in one of our technology teams, while studying for a part time degree qualification one day per week in Computing Systems with Ulster University, completing your degree in approximately four years.
Included in the apprenticeship:
• All University fees will be paid for
• Competitive full-time salary throughout the scheme.
• Permanent position with Kainos from day one.
• Comprehensive induction and training
• Fantastic career opportunities
Sounds great. So what will I be doing?
When you join our Computing Apprenticeship programme you will first attend our comprehensive 16-week Earn As You Learn Engineering Academy, designed to provide you with the essential technical and professional skills required to start you off in your initial project.
We are able to offer Apprenticeships in three different areas of our business (listed below). All are equally exciting with plenty of opportunities for learning and progression. You will be playing a vital role in creating future tech!
Digital Services – Our Digital Services division develops and supports custom digital service platforms for public sector, commercial, and healthcare customers.
Workday Extend – Our Workday Extend team designs and develops new applications to ‘extend’ the functionality of the core Workday HCM platform.
Workday Product – Our Workday Products division develops products that complement Workday.
So what are the career pathways?
In all of these roles you will be fully supported by experienced colleagues in the team as well as an experienced mentor, who will provide training and mentoring throughout your studies. You’ll also get the chance to rotate across a range of teams and projects, giving you the opportunity to tailor your career path in a role that best suits your skills and interest.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
You’ll need to have:
• GCSE Maths and English (A to C), or equivalent
• At least a BTEC Extended Diploma OR 3 C’s in A-levels or equivalent, at least one of which needs to be in a STEM subject*
• A genuine enthusiasm for everything technology, evidenced both within and outside of your studies
• Teamworking skills – everyone in Kainos works in tight-knit teams, so working collaboratively as a team is crucial
• Our developers are creative – you’ll need to be able to show us your skills for coming up with new ideas and ways of doing things, how you’ve solved problems and looked at things differently
Our apprentice schemes are vey popular and therefore earlier application is encouraged. The standard is high, we recommend that you invest time to create your application to best demonstrate your skills and interests.
Please note that our Earn As You Learn Apprenticeship is a route to building skills and obtaining a degree in computing. If you have already obtained an undergraduate degree (or higher) qualification in a IT/Computing subject, please apply for one of our graduate opportunities instead.
Closing date: Monday 13th March
• Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview and assessment. Successful applicants will join Kainos in role in September 2023.