Construction NI Boot Camp 8 Thursday 22nd June 2023
Time: 09:00 – 15:00
Application deadline: 08/06/2023
Several construction companies and other Construction Sector support Organisations together with School Employer Connections (SEC) are pleased to launch the next Construction NI Boot Camp Virtual Work Experience Programme to Post-Primary Schools across Northern Ireland on Thursday 22nd June 2023.
The programme is endorsed by the Construction Industry Training Board NI (CITB NI), the sector body.
The key objective of this virtual programme is to inspire young people to follow a career path in the construction industry by gaining an insight into the various roles in construction from key construction companies.
The programme will be delivered virtually by Google Classroom on the Speakers for Schools platform
- The programme will commence at 9:10 and finish at 15:10.
- It is comprised of 4 x one-hour interactive sessions.
- Time will be allocated for regular student breaks i.e. 3 thirty-minute breaks during the day
Construction Companies and organisations involved in hosting these sessions include;
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Belfast Met (introducing BIM)
- Dawson WAM
- Henry Bros.
- O’Hare & McGovern (OHMG)
- McLaughlin & Harvey
- Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Specialist Joinery Group
The below resources will be supplied to each registered student.
- Spot the Skills – 12 Job Roles to investigate (Go Construct)
- 11 Learning activities taken by SEC from the ‘Go Construct’ website
- Careers Service – Guides to help with career planning
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) NI – Construction Careers Information Pack
- Work Inspiration Construction Factsheet
- Workplus – exploring apprenticeships in construction
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) – Careers in Construction
- Scape Group & Balfour Beatty – Opening up construction and engineering to students