Construction NI Bootcamp 7
The Construction NI Boot Camp 7 will take place on Thursday 9th February 2023.
The following four companies/organisations have been invited to participate:
- O’Hare & McGovern (OHMG)
- Ulster University – Built Environment
- Belfast Metropolitan College – Health and Safety & Construction Design Management
Students will get three 30 minutes breaks between each of the four one-hour long sessions.
The event is again endorsed by the Construction Industry Training Board NI which is the lead sector body.
The key objective of this virtual programme is to inspire young people to follow a career path in the construction industry whilst gaining an insight into the various roles in construction from key construction companies.
You can find further details through the link immediately below.
NB: Please note that the closing date for teacher approved student registrations for this event is Thursday 26th January 2023. Student applications received after this date will unfortunately NOT be accepted.
Students can register through the below link, by logging into their Speakers for Schools account, or if they haven’t registered an account previously, by creating a new account, again through the below link:
The below resources will be provided to each registered student before, during, or after Construction NI Boot Camp 7.
- 1. Spot the Skills – 12 Job Roles to investigate (Go Construct)
- 2. 11 Learning activities taken by SEC from the ‘Go Construct’ website
- 3. Careers Service – Guides to help with career planning
- 4. Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) NI – Construction Careers Information Pack
- 5. Work Inspiration Construction Factsheet
- 6. Workplus – exploring apprenticeships in construction
- 7. Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) – Careers in Construction
- 8. Scape Group & Balfour Beatty – Opening up construction and engineering to students