Corpus Christi College – Secret Subjects Taster Day 2023
Corpus Christi, Sidney Sussex, and Trinity Hall, are excited to announce the launch of this year’s Secret Subjects Taster Day (Sat 18 Feb). This online event will give students the opportunity to explore those subjects they’ve probably never heard of, but which are actually some of the most interesting that the University of Cambridge offers! There will be academic taster sessions led by Cambridge academics, Q&As with current undergrads studying one of the Secret Subjects, and a chance to hear from graduates about what different and interesting career paths the Secret Subjects can lead to.
Sessions can be attended on the following subjects:
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (AMES) – recommended for any student interested in languages and Far Eastern and Middle Eastern cultures and who is studying any modern language/History
- Archaeology– recommended for any student studying A-level History/Classical Civilisation
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic (ASNC) – recommended for any student studying A-Level History/English Literature/Classical Civilisation/any modern language
- Classics – recommended for any student studying A-level History/English Literature/Classical Civilisation/Politics/Philosophy/any modern language
- History of Art– recommended for any student studying A-level Art/History/English Literature
- Linguistics– recommended for any student studying A-level English Language/English Literature/Philosophy/Maths/any modern language
- Music– recommended for any student studying A-level Music or has Grade 8 Theory
- Theology, Religion, and Philosophy of Religion (TRPR)– recommended for any student studying A-level Religious Studies/Philosophy/History
This is open to any student who currently attends a maintained school (non-fee paying) who is currently in Y11 or Y12 (or Y12/Y13 in Northern Ireland or S4/S5 in Scotland) interested in pursuing an Arts, Humanities, or Social Science degree, and who is thinking of applying to Oxbridge.
How to Register
Interested students should fill out If your students this form
The deadline for registrations is 5pm, Thursday 16 February.