Cyber Security Degree Apprenticeship Opportunitity – BBC
BBC InfoSec is a specialist team within BBC Technology Group that helps keep BBC information secure. The team advises on best practice, deals with threats and manages potential cyber-attacks across the BBC globally. Working with our InfoSec teams you will develop skills and knowledge to perform security risk assessments for a range of IT and Production systems and propose solutions jointly with InfoSec Specialists.
This Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist Professional Degree Apprenticeship (Integrated) will be delivered by our chosen Leaning Provider over the course of 4 years.
This delivery model is delivered both virtually and in-person – ranging from virtual instructor led workshops; plus, three weeks per year for in-person training.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 6 BSc (Hons) Professional Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions and you will become a permanent member of our BBC InfoSec (Cyber) Security team in Belfast.
- Start Date: 11th September 2023
- Duration: 4 Years
- Salary: £19,500
- Location: 2x Belfast
- Typically leading to: Permanent role as a Cyber security Junior officer
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will be based within our BBC Information Security (Cyber Security) team in Belfast. This on-the-job experience will teach you to identify, analyse and evaluate security threats and hazards to planned and installed information systems and services (e.g. cloud services).
This is an amazing development opportunity for individuals with a technology background who are looking to move into Information and Cyber Security with first class training and career opportunities available in a truly supportive environment.
Are you the right candidate?
You love your numbers and are passionate about Information & Cyber security while working alongside Cyber Security Technologists supporting them and our business stakeholders with insights and analysis. You have a keen interest in Cyber Security at the BBC and are a logical thinker with natural problem solving skills. You are able to work on your own and stay motivated. Prepared to juggle work and study and work well under pressure. If this sounds like you then check you’re eligibility below and click apply!
Who we’re looking for:
- Be aged 18 or over when the course starts in September 2023
- Have a minimum of BBB A Levels or a DDM BTEC in a relevant subject
- Have maths and English GCSEs or Standard (Scotland) at 9-4 (A-C) or equivalent
- Be legally allowed to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK, Ireland or the European Economic Area (EEA), for at least three years before the start of the apprenticeship. Or have either pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme and lived in the UK, EEA or Gibraltar for at least three years.
Don’t worry if you don’t have an extensive CV. You can share examples of your passion for cyber security from anywhere. That might be other work experience, your time in education or volunteering.
- A starting salary of £19,500 in year one, and potential yearly pay increases
- A flexible 35-hour working week, 26 days of annual leave days (with the option to buy an extra 5 days), and a defined pension scheme
- Discounted dental, health care, gym and much more – please note these benefits come with salary sacrifices
- A dedicated Team Manager and Scheme Specialist to help with your development
- Professional Coaching and Mentoring by industry professionals
- Access to our in-house Academy, which hosts a range of internal and external courses
- An accredited BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Apprenticeship
Application Closing Date: 8 January 2023