EDT’s Year in Industry (YINI) Scheme
Registrations are now open for EDT’s, Year in Industry (YINI) scheme for 2020/21 placements that will start September 2020.
YINI is a not-for-profit organisation offering School Leavers a free resource when searching for a year out paid placement following completion of their A levels or equivalent.
What is YINI?
A paid 10-12 month job opportunity for School leavers to;
- Test-drive a potential career
- Add relevant skills and work experience to their CV
- Make informed decisions on which Education/Career path is right for them
- Build links with Employers
- Gain an Industrial Cadets Accreditation
- Develop skills through attending optional Work-Ready YINI Master Class Workshops
- Go into the world of work with the support from the YINI scheme
- Be supported by YINI and a YINI assigned Mentor throughout their placement
Who is YINI for?
YINI is open to any student with the Right to Work in the UK, who might consider/benefit from gaining 12 months paid work experience with a YINI company before starting the following options;
- An Apprenticeship
- Or Studying a Degree at University (completing YINI before University as a paid Gap Year option)
- Or maybe unsure whether to continue into higher education or go straight into employment
What kinds of placements are offered?
Each year we offer paid placements in the following subject areas: Science (particularly physics), Engineering (all areas), Technology/Electronics, Maths, Business, Finance, IT, HR or Marketing
When & How can students Register?
Students: Registrations are Open Now and close on 31st May 2020