Higher Level IT Apprentice – CME Group
Are you torn between wanting to go to Uni to further your education and getting a job to start earning some money? Here at CME Group in Belfast, we could have the solution…….
We’re looking for keen an enthusiastic, inquisitive, driven bright school or college leaver with a passion for all things IT to join us as a Higher Level Apprentice. We’re partnering with Ulster University, to create a programme where you’ll be studying a Computing Systems BSc degree, part time as well as working for CME Group, up to, 4 days a week.
The Computing Systems degree develops skills in subjects that include programming, databases, networking, web development, human computer interaction, artificial intelligence, security and embedded systems design.
Working alongside our supportive teams, you’ll have 6 month rotations across the business where you can apply the university learning and gain a practical understanding of the subjects – to include Software Development, Cyber Security, Infrastructure and Operations, and Business Operations Office.
You’ll contribute to real projects and be learning, earning, developing and studying as a valued member of CME Group in Belfast.
What do you need to demonstrate:
- GCSE grade B or above in English & Maths
- A Level – achieved or expected to achieve by August 2022 predicted grades of BBB or above , [of which at least one qualification must be in either Maths, Chemistry, Physics or a Computing related topic] ideally in STEM related subjects (Computer Science or Computing preferred)
- A passion for technology through projects or experience outside of school
- Drive, commitment and eagerness to learn
- Good communication and collaboration skills
Preference may be given to candidates who have achieved or expected to achieve by August 2022 grade B or above at A Level in Software Systems Development, Computing or Computer Science (not IT/ICT).
What will you get
- Full funding for a BSC Hons Computing Systems degree with Ulster University
- A competitive apprenticeship salary
- A supportive, nurturing learning environment
- Variation with 6 month rotations around different teams within technology
- Working with teams of great individuals, passionate about what they do supporting your development with on the job training, self-paced and classroom training from CME Group, covering business acumen, technology and soft skills.
- Valuable experience of working in a global corporate, within a local office in central Belfast
Closing date: Friday March 25th 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend an interview before the end of April. Successful candidates will start the programme early September.
The successful candidate will be employed by CME Group, and then apply in partnership with CME Group to Ulster University, to take one of the Apprenticeship places on the Computing Systems BSc course.