HLA Opportunity in Building Services
Higher level Apprentice in Building Services Programme with Patrick McCaul Environmental Consulting Engineers Limited
Patrick McCaul Environmental Consulting Engineers Limited is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining people of the highest calibre to continue the provision of service excellence and maximise added value to our customers in the Building Services Industry.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Omagh office for Higher Level Apprentices in Building Services Engineering. We feel this is a great opportunity for school leavers to embark on a career in this exciting and challenging sector. We believe we have a development programme that can offer a different option for school leavers who wish to develop their studies and achieve third level qualifications in a different way,
namely through Apprenticeship.
The programme will benefit school leavers in the respect that we can train and develop them with the core skills required in Building Services Engineering and continue their studies toward degree qualification at the same time. As an employer we feel that it is essential for students to benefit from a practical knowledge of this sector based on real life experiences.
The role requires sound logic, analytical and excellent communication skills and this is a permanent full-time Apprentice/Trainee role and is ideally suited to school and college leavers.
You will be actively involved in our live major projects working alongside one of our experienced engineers, who will become your ‘Mentor’. We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both independently and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
No relevant experience is necessary. The position is ideally suited to school and college leavers at A-Level standard (or equivalent) who can demonstrate:
• An aptitude towards good logic, analytical and numerical skills;
• Minimum of grade ‘C’ Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent);
• Demonstrate an interest in and a desire to pursue a career in M&E Building Services Engineering;
• Commitment to continued education and improvement through on-the-job learning and training opportunities;
• Practical, adaptable and enthusiastic;
• English language proficient, holding excellent communication skills.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer the following:
• A competitive salary;
• 20 Days Annual Leave increasing to 25 Days with length of service plus all Bank Holidays;
• Contributory Pension scheme;
• Exposed to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients;
• Active support towards further professional Qualifications and Chartership;
• Friendly and dynamic team working environment;
• A structured career path for progression within the company structure;
• On-site Parking.
- Courses that students have already signed up to must be relevant to the Building Services Engineering sector.
- The typical level of qualification will be pitched at BTEC level or Technicians level. This includes courses that may achieve BTEC level and Technician courses such as AutoCAD/BIM/Revit. Depending on performance this position could go on to achieve up to Degree level. This would be discussed further with candidates at interview.
- Up to 3 positions available at this time.
If you are interested in this position please forward a CV to: email@example.com
Candidates will go through a selection and interview process as follows:
• Psychometric tests
• Final interview
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.