IT Apprenticeship Programme 2023 – Allstate
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Allstate operate a very flexible hybrid working policy that will allow you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager with a blend of remote and office working for NI based employees as well as condensed working patterns (4 day week/9 day fortnight).
Join our team and you’ll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Choose earning AND learning. Choose the Good Hands Academy!
Being part of the Good Hands Academy will allow you to graduate with a BSC Hons in Computing Systems while working, earning and learning in one of our technology teams. The 4-year program is a Higher Level Apprenticeship (HLA) in partnership with Ulster University (UU). You will benefit from:
- Earning a competitive salary as you learn
- Permanent employment from day one
- Having your university fees paid
- A fantastic career with Allstate on completion
You will attend Ulster University one day a week to complete a BSC Hons in Computing Systems and work 4 days a week on one of our technology teams, alongside experienced IT professionals.
You will gain exposure to a range of cutting-edge technologies, tools and methodologies. You will learn within a supportive and nurturing environment.
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK
- Grade B or above in GCSE English and Math
- Have achieved or expected to achieve by August 2023 grades BBB or above at A Level, of which at least one qualification must be in either Math, Chemistry, Physics or a Computing (Software Systems Development, Computing or Computer Science not IT/ICT)
- Allstate will also accept a range of alternative qualifications which equate to 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points for pre 2016 qualifications)
*Candidates will need to provide evidence of qualifications
We also have some desirable criteria
- Preference will be given to candidates who have achieved or expected to achieve by August 2023 grade B at A Level in Software Systems Development, Computing or Computer Science (not IT/ICT).
What we offer
As Digital DNA’s Workplace of the Year 2020 & 2022 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you’ll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 14th April 2023