Law Virtual Work Experience
During this free two week virtual work experience programme you will meet a range of industry professionals from various legal areas of Law who will give you an overview of their experiences, both qualifying and within the industry, with opportunities for Q&A.
You will learn about some of the key roles and responsibilities of Law practitioners throughout this programme, including legal research, advocacy & client communication, contractual interpretation and legal analysis & drafting. The programme will also include a vital pathways module, which will direct you on what to do next, how to apply, and what institutions you should be considering for your further study. There will also be a range of quizzes and meaningful activities to spark your interest in Law as an industry, and give you a further insight into what it really means to work in the field.
The virtual work experience programme involves around 10 hours of activity. You can complete the work over 2 weeks, meaning you can fit it around your schedule (whether that be school or college). There are live webinars to get involved in, but if you’re unable to attend these you can watch recordings on-demand.
The programme will take place between 6th April 2021 and 16th April 2021. You do not need to be available full time during those dates, but you do need to be able to complete 10 hours worth of activity over the two weeks.
What’s you’ll cover:
During this two week programme you will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to Law as an industry
- Legal Research – including what legal research is, the purpose of legal research, the types of Legal Research and an overview of the legal research process.
- Advocacy & Client Communication – including why client communication is so important, tools for effective client communication, why becoming a good advocate is so important, tools for effective advocacy, best practices, communication security & ethics and considering the whole client journey.
- Contractual Interpretation – including the main principles of contractual interpretation, orders of precedence or priority clauses and condition precedents.
- Legal Analysis & Drafting – including what legal analysis & drafting is, why legal drafting is important, what the role is of legal language in law and examples of pleading.
The virtual work experience programme will take place from 6th April to the 16th April 2021. The deadline for applications is March 29th 2021 and applicants will hear if they have a place on the programme on the evening of March 31st 2021.
Create your Springpod account to apply