Medic Mentor – National Medical Awards Programme
The Awards Programme offers a nationally streamlined process for students to pursue these highly competitive careers and gives them direct access to doctors, dentists and vets who act as Mentors and Award Supervisors. This levels the playing field for students from all stages and financial backgrounds, as well as standardises careers advice delivered through schools across the UK. The scholarships are purely merit based and are NOT means tested, making them accessible to all students. Every student who completes their Gold Award automatically qualifies for interview and scholarship shortlisting.
You can join the Awards Programme anywhere up to the 1st September when you start year 14
Every student considering a career in medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine should consider enrolling onto this because:
1. It puts students in the running for a university scholarship worth up to £12,000
2. It provides a helpful checklist to ensure that students have developed a well-rounded CV and included activities that are relevant to applying to these careers.
3. It provides just over 100 hours of access to speak to doctors, dentists and vets (mentors) throughout the year.
4. It increases a student’s chance of getting into medical, dental and vet school
5. It makes the process more fun and less stressful!
You can learn more about registering for this important programme at this weblink: https://medicmentor.co.uk/medic-mentor-awards-programme/
There is a one-off admin cost of £50 per pupil that covers the costs of setting students up on the Awards Register, safeguarding, producing the certificates and this will cover the duration of the entire programme (including access to the Mentors).