New PwC School Leaver programme
PwC have just launched the new PwC NI Flying Start Business Management Degree Apprenticeship with Ulster University Business School.
This new programme is open to current Year 14s, final year BTEC students and beyond to apply now – https://www.careersschools.pwc.co.uk/page/show/job_search
PwC Belfast Flying Start Business Management Programme
If you’re undecided between university and starting your career, then our Flying Start Business Management programme offers you the best of both worlds – starting your career as an apprentice at PwC and also gaining a degree along the way with Ulster University – all without incurring university tuition fees and being paid a salary from day one.
This degree apprenticeship programme will help you fast track your career in business. From day one you’ll be working on real client work in our PwC Operate Northern Ireland business – you’ll get your career off to a Flying Start before you even graduate from university!
Our Operate business is an experienced team of over 2,000 people, working with clients across a number of industries and sectors; many of our clients are in Financial Services, but we also work in Oil & Gas, Utilities, Retail, Pharmaceuticals and Local Government. With so much continual change – competitive, economic, regulatory and political pressures work their way into every part of business. Our clients are facing complicated operational problems, and we‘re the people our clients turn to for help to transform and deliver their complex operational challenges.
We’ve got a range of teams you could find yourself working in, including Financial Crime, Customer Management or Business Operations. This could mean you’re:
- Supporting our clients
- Counter financial crime by carrying out due diligence and helping clients comply with Know Your Client and Anti Money Laundering regulations; or
- You could be supporting our clients deal with complicated claims resulting from unexpected events or crisis, or supporting them while they remediate their customers with historic mis-selling issues (like unsuitable investment advice, for example); or
- You could find yourself supporting other PwC teams implementing various client onboarding, risk and compliance processes so we’re keeping our business and our clients safe.
Regardless of your role, you’ll enjoy on-the-job training and coaching, alongside time out to study at university.
Duration and Format
This new programme is a fully-funded four year degree apprenticeship with a start date of this September.
Apprentices will work 4 days in the office and be released 1 day per week to attend Ulster University to study for the degree.
The duration of study for the degree element of the programme is 4 years, but your progression will continue beyond your qualification as you progress your career in business and have access to the breadth of opportunities available at PwC.
Students will study part-time for the BSc Hons Leading on Customer Operations degree, which is a unique University of Ulster accredited programme within customer operations business management, which will really help to give you the knowledge, skills and behaviours that you need in order to thrive in the Operate business.
Find out more about the degree on the University website: https://www.ulster.ac.uk/courses/202122/leading-on-customer-operations-29150#overview
As a full time apprentice, we’ll offer you a competitive financial package:
- You’ll be paid a highly competitive salary of £19,500 per annum from day one, including access to a range of extra PwC benefits for you to enjoy as part of our flexible benefits package.
- As part of this degree apprenticeship, your tuition fees are fully funded for the degree programme meaning you don’t have to worry about funding these yourself and can enjoy the perks of receiving a monthly salary.
Who can apply & deadlines
Open to Year 14s/final year BTEC students and beyond to apply now on our website – https://www.careersschools.pwc.co.uk/page/show/job_search
In order to be considered for the first recruitment drive, we require students to complete the following recruitment stages by these dates at the latest:
- Application deadline – Thursday 20th May at 11pm
- Career Unlocked: Game Based Assessments – Friday 21st
- May at 12 noon
- Video Interview – Sunday 23rd May at 11pm
- Virtual Career Focus Assessment Day –
- Tuesday 1st and Thursday 3rd June
It is envisaged that applications will reopen for a second recruitment drive w/c 7th June
Find out more
To find out more come along to one of our Virtual Park events or Alternative Webex events. Students (aged over 16), Parents and Teachers all welcome! Please follow the links below to book your spot now:
- Flying Start Business Management – Virtual Park Information Evening – Wed 19th May 4pm – 6pm in our Virtual Park. Register on our website: https://www.careersschools.pwc.co.uk/page/show/event_search
- Alternative Webex Event – Thur 20 May 4 – 6pm. If you do not have access to the Virtual Park, you are welcome to come along to this alternative event.
- Register on our website: https://www.careersschools.pwc.co.uk/page/show/event_search