NIE Networks: HLA Opportunity – Electrical and Electronic Engineering
NIE Networks offer a competitive salary and benefits package from day one, an opportunity to learn alongside experienced people, an opportunity to earn as you learn via day release with our partnership technical college, and an opportunity to gain a foundation degree in Electrial and Electronic Engineering.
The NIE Networks HLA programme will run for 3 years, however there may be a requirement for an optional year for additional support and mentoring into the 4th year but this will be determined as the HLA progresses. It is designed to ensure you gain real life, on the job experience and develop new skills and knowledge that will provide you with a platform from which you can build a meaningful career within NIE Networks.
Day release to NRC Further Education College in Ballymena is required to complete the foundation degree. The other four days will be via on-job training programme delivered within NIE Networks.
It is essential that the successful candidate meets the following requirements
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate in their application:
- They are of the age 18 by the start date in September 2023.
- Have GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at Grade C or above.
- Have, or expect to achieve 3 A-Levels, at C grade or above including Maths or Physics or;
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering (MMP*) or;
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (MM*) *M – Merit; P – Pass
- Be a new employee to NIE Networks or be able to demonstrate a significant change of role within the company.
- Hold a full current driving licence or will hold a driving licence by the start date in September 2023.
Please download the Candidate Briefing document below:-
Please note applications for this position will close at 11pm on Sunday 21 May 2023.