Rapid7 – Apprenticeship: Cloud & Application Development
Rapid7, (based in Belfast) is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organisations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users.
Are you excited about utilising your technical skills to solve real world problems? Are you eager to further your programming ability and start a career in software engineering? Then you are the right person to join our Support Tooling team! The Support Tooling team is responsible for designing and building tools that empower our support team to solve customer issues. We are looking for students who want to be placed on the Higher Level Foundation Degree in Cloud and Application Development.
Working within our Support Tooling team you will gain a lot of skills as you solve problems within our team. As a Software Engineer you will learn about:
- Our support operations, business objectives and the impact they have on our customers.
- Utilising and developing your technical skill set to design and build internal support tooling in order to ensure customer success and satisfaction.
- Being a member of an agile development team working on key internal tools with real ability to impact customer outcomes.
- Collaborating with many other internal departments to develop tight integration with our systems.
- Contributing in design and ideation sessions, acting as thought leadership on the future of our support tooling.
- Presenting demonstrations of work to the internal support team, providing training and rolling out new features and tools.
Why do your Apprenticeship with Rapid7?
- Bonuses associated with successful completion of Certifications
- Contributions toward certifications through exam vouchers up to $500
- Access to Learning Platforms including Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning
- Build experience working with and assisting our support team through development and maintenance of internal tools designed to assist our customer success teams in their mission to provide exceptional customer experience.
- Learn agile processes to set you up for a career in software development.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is an innovative problem solver
- Comfortable with presentations, good written and verbal communication skills
- Is highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Can demonstrate strong analytical and decision making skills
- Enjoys understanding user needs and designing creative solutions
- Is a collaborative team player able to work with people across the organization
- Is familiar with a programming language
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in presenting or a customer facing role
- Some knowledge or experience with any of the following:
- Web application technologies
- Employment onto the apprenticeship program with Rapid7 is dependent on satisfaction of the entry requirements associated with the HLA Level 5 Cloud and Application Development course at Belfast Met found here.
- Successful applicants must also be able to attend in-person lessons at Belfast Metropolitan College.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive Salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive Pension employer contribution
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Budget for additional education/development
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay schemes
- Healthy (and some unhealthy) snacks and drinks plus regular office breakfast and lunches
- Monthly outings/Summer party/Christmas party