Royal Mail Fleet Advanced Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship – Omagh
- Posted by Fearghal Quinn
- Posted in Careers Blog
Company: Royal Mail Group
Fleet Maintenance Level 3 Apprenticeship
Job reference number: 243048
Vehicle maintenance at Royal Mail isn’t what it used to be. We are phasing out our diesel and petrol vehicles in favour of electric vans and alternative fuelled trucks, all whilst equipping our technicians and workshops with the tools and training to become experts in the maintenance of these vehicles.
We service and repair approximately 45,000 light commercial vehicles a year, across 110 locations. With 50,000 vehicles – including 6,000 HGVs & trailers, our fleet is one of the largest in the UK and the Fleet Maintenance Team play a key role in keeping it moving. The team are also award winning and recognised within the industry for their determination to improve efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.
As a Vehicle Technician Apprentice, you’ll service and repair light vehicles, including petrol, diesel and electric vans, working on all the systems within the vehicle. Day-to-day, you could be completing routine maintenance or solving complex faults using diagnostic methods and equipment, learning everything there is to know on the job.
Our Apprentice Vehicle Technicians learn through on-the-job training and classroom learning. We take individuals with a flair for mechanics and engineering and turn them into automotive experts.
- Three-year programme, starting Sept 2022
- Starting salary of £13,129 to £20,063, depending on age and location, rising each year of the programme and on completion of the programme
- Salary on completion: minimum of £27,801 per year
- Training undertaken throughout the programme with an industry leading Apprentice training provider at their designated training academy
- Three GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C/4 or higher required
If you think this could be just the thing for you – Apply now Closing date: 17th March
Royal Mail Group, delivered by people for people. We’re also an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at our heart. We welcome applications from individuals of all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.