SCIENCE & ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE – QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY BELFAST
Are you a practical person who enjoys getting hands-on experience designing and developing processes or operating equipment? Are you a born problem-solver who enjoys working in a team? Queen’s University Belfast is seeking to recruit a number of talented and highly motivated apprentices to join a newly established Technician Apprenticeship Scheme.
Our Technician Apprenticeship Scheme will develop the next generation of technicians who will work in our world-class research centres, laboratories, and workshops, supporting the research and teaching we deliver. This hands-on experience will be combined with study towards a Level 3 industry recognised qualification with our training provider (course details are to be confirmed), to help you build a wide range of skills to support your future career.
At Queen’s, our technicians provide technical advice and assistance to our staff and students in a world-class university. This an opportunity for you to build your career and make a difference.
We plan to recruit into the following areas:
- School of Biological Sciences (1)
- School of Medicine (1)
- School of Pharmacy (1)
- Medical Simulation Centre (InterSim) (1)
- School of Maths and Physics (1)
- School of Natural and Built Environment (2)
- School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering (2)
- School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (1)
As an apprentice Technician at Queen’s, you will:
- Problem-solve and provide technical support
- Prepare and carry out tests/experiments/technical procedures
- Assist with technical support activities within specialist teaching and research areas
- Become part of the Technician Commitment at Queen’sand contribute to the University’s 2030 Strategy.
To join us, you’ll need to have 5 GCSEs graded A*-C (9-4), including Maths and English , and/or NVQ level 2 in a relevant subject (or equivalent) as well as:
- Experience working as part of a team
- Experience organising or taking part in an event or project
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Basic knowledge of relevant systems, equipment, and processes
- Basic knowledge of regulations and procedures including Health and Safety requirements
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Applications close 1pm on Friday 24 February 2023