Siemens Virtual Work Experience
On this two-week virtual work experience programme, you’ll be introduced to the world of engineering and technology and learn about how Siemens is paving the way towards a more sustainable future.
During this programme, you will meet with Siemens experts to explore the core focusses of the business, such as digitalisation, climate action, smart infrastructure and diversity and inclusion. You’ll also be able to discover the variety of roles across the company and learn how to kick-start your career with a Siemens apprenticeship, internship or graduate scheme. You’ll also have opportunities to ask questions so you can get a clear picture of what a career at Siemens could look like for you.
The programme will also include some vital employability skills to help you think about entering the world of work and the ‘Getting Career Ready’ module will encourage you to think about the skills you need for a successful career. There will also be a range of quizzes and activities to help you develop your knowledge of the sector and give you a clear idea of what it is like to work at Siemens.
The virtual work experience programme involves around 10 hours of activity. You can complete the work over 2 weeks, meaning you can fit it around your schedule (whether that be school or college). There are live webinars to get involved in, but if you’re unable to attend these you can watch recordings on-demand.
The Siemens work experience programme will take place from 28th June – 11th July 2021. You do not need to be available full time during those dates, but you do need to be able to complete 10 hours worth of activity over the two weeks.
During this two week programme you will cover the following areas:
– Welcome to Siemens – an overview of the company, its core values and six lines of business.
– Engineering – an introduction to the field of engineering, the various disciplines, sustainability in engineering and the design process.
– Technology – an introduction to the world of technology, the different pathways within the sector and what roles in tech involve.
– Other Business Services – an introduction to the other business services at Siemens: sustainability, legal, marketing and finance
– Early Careers at Siemens – an overview of apprenticeship, internship and graduate schemes at Siemens.
– Getting Career ready – an introduction to employability skills, how to build your CV and how to apply for a role at Siemens.
This programme will take place between 28th June and 11th July. You do not need to be available full time during those dates but you do need to be able to complete 10 hours of work over the 2 weeks. The application deadline is June 21st and all applicants will hear if they have a place on the programme on June 24th. Students aged between 14 and 18 are eligible to apply.