Siemens Virtual Work Experience Programme
On this two-week virtual work experience programme, you’ll meet Siemens experts who will give you an overview of the engineering and technology sector. You’ll learn about the company and how it addresses key concerns in the industry, including sustainability, diversity and inclusion.
You’ll explore the core areas of the business – from digitalisation to smart infrastructure. And you’ll discover the variety of roles across the company and how to kick-start your career with a Siemens apprenticeship, internship or graduate scheme. You’ll also have opportunities to ask questions so you can get a clear picture of what a career at Siemens could look like for you.
The programme will also include some vital employability skills to help you think about entering the world of work. And, the ‘Getting Career Ready’ module will encourage you to think about the skills you need for a successful career. There will also be a range of quizzes and activities to help you develop your knowledge of the sector and give you a clear idea of what it is like to work at Siemens.
The virtual work experience programme involves around 10 hours of activity. You can complete the work over 2 weeks, meaning you can fit it around your schedule (whether that be school or college). There are live webinars to get involved in, but if you’re unable to attend these you can watch recordings on-demand.
The Siemens work experience programme will take place from April 6th – April 16th 2021. You do not need to be available full time during those dates, but you do need to be able to complete 10 hours worth of activity over the two weeks.
The agenda is:
During this two week programme you will cover the following areas:
- Welcome to Siemens – an overview of the company, its core values and six lines of business.
- Engineering – an introduction to the field of engineering, the various disciplines, sustainability in engineering and the design process.
- Technology – an introduction to the world of technology, the different pathways within the sector and what roles in tech involve.
- Other Business Services – an introduction to the other business services at Siemens: sustainability, legal, marketing and finance
- Early Careers at Siemens – an overview of apprenticeship, internship and graduate schemes at Siemens.
- Getting Career ready – an introduction to employability skills, how to build your CV and how to apply for a role at Siemens.
The programme will take place between 6th and 16th April 2021. The deadline for applications is March 29th 2021 and applicants will hear if they have a place on the programme on the evening of March 31st 2021.
Create your Springpod account to apply – CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT