Student Finance Funding for Tuition Fees
Students planning to apply for Student Finance to fund their tuition fee, are recommended to Apply Early!
Applicants do not need a confirmed place to apply!
Applying early means they have the best chance of having their funding confirmed and in place for the start of their course.
- they’ll be in a better position to accurately budget for the academic year ahead knowing exactly what student finance they’re getting.
- they can let us know if anything changes before their course starts.
Applications open from March 2023 for the 2023/24 academic year.
How to Apply
To apply for Student Finance, sign in or create a student finance account to start the application. Students will need their National Insurance number for this (NI only).
- Applicants will be given a unique 11-digit Customer Reference Number better known as their ‘ART ID’.
- They will be asked to set their own password and choose a secret question and answer.
- Their password and secret answer will help identify them whenever they access information about their student finance account, either online or by phone.
- Parents or partners can also register online separately by creating an online account. Once registered, they can click on a link to ‘support a student’s application’. They will need the student’s ART ID to link to their account.
Follow the instructions and answer any questions asked. They’ll be asked for information about their:
- personal details
- course information
- previous study
- National Insurance and bank (NI only) or building society details
- Household income, if they’re applying for finance based on their household income. They’re parents or partner may also be contacted for their income information
- They’ll be asked to send proof of identity and any other evidence required, send this as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit Student Finance NI.