Teaching Virtual Work Experience
During this free two week virtual work experience programme you will meet a range of teachers from different sectors who will give you an overview of their experiences, both qualifying and within the industry, with opportunities for Q&A.
You will learn about some of the key roles and responsibilities of a teacher throughout this programme, including planning, lesson delivery, grading & attainment and safeguarding. The programme will also include a vital pathways module, which will direct you on what to do next, how to apply, and what institutions you should be considering for your teaching qualification. There will also be a range of quizzes and meaningful activities to spark your interest in teaching, and give you a further insight into what it really means to become a qualified teacher.
The virtual work experience programme involves around 10 hours of activity. You can complete the work over 2 weeks, meaning you can fit it around your schedule (whether that be school or college). There are live webinars to get involved in, but if you’re unable to attend these you can watch recordings on-demand.
The programme will take place between 15th and 19th February 2021 You do not need to be available full time during those dates, but you do need to be able to complete 10 hours worth of activity over the two weeks.
The agenda is:
During this two week programme you will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to Teaching as an industry
- Planning – including aims & objectives, differentiation, learning styles, special needs and lesson planning.
- Lesson Delivery – including confidence & intonation, using interactive technology, eliminating distractions and behaviour management.
- Grading & Attainment – including why we grade work, measuring attainment, using a rubric and positive reinforcement.
- Safeguarding – including what safeguarding is, the 6 principles of safeguarding, safeguarding children, reporting a safeguarding issue and bullying.
You must be in Years 11-14 and attend a school or college in the UK. The deadline for applications is 1st February 2021 Applicants will find out if they have a place on the programme on 5th February 2021.