Trainee Accounting Apprenticeship – AD Pottie & Co
Due to our continued growth we at A.D. Pottie are looking for a Trainee Accounting Technician with administrative duties.
We will offer you a two-year contract during which you will be enrolled onto the Level 5 Accounting Technicians Ireland course qualification which will be paid for by the company, you will be given lots of support and guidance and will have day release to go to South West College.
Opportunities to later progress and gain further qualifications are available for the right candidates.
This role will give you an opportunity to work in our Accounts Team, who deal with a variety of clients. This will give you hands on experience working with sole traders, partnerships and limited companies on management accounts, year-end accounts, tax returns and VAT returns, which you will be able to apply to your course.
- Range of secretarial services such as, greeting clients in person and over the phone, processing incoming and outgoing mail/emails & other office duties
- Preparing Tax computation for individuals & businesses
- Dealing directly with HMRC
- Basic book-keeping
- New client registration for PAYE, VAT, CIS and Pension provider
- Preparation & submission of VAT Returns for NI and ROI
- Managing monthly and weekly PAYE & CIS Returns
Qualifications & Qualities
- A-Levels – CCC and above
- A team player who is eager to learn from an experienced team
- Great time management and organisation skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbally
- Committed to delivering the highest quality service
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Excel