UNIQ 2023 – Applications now open for Oxford’s access programme for Year 13 students
UNIQ is the University of Oxford’s access programme for state school students. We prioritise places for students with good grades from backgrounds that are under-represented at Oxford and other universities. Every year more students from diverse backgrounds get offered places at Oxford with help from UNIQ.
The UNIQ residential summer school started in 2010 and we continually make changes to improve the support we provide to UNIQ students. Owing to the pandemic UNIQ was delivered entirely online for 2 years before offering a residential component in 2022. UNIQ 2023 will build on the successes of previous years, offering students both an academic residential in Oxford and a sustained online admissions support programme.
Here are the top things you need to know about UNIQ 2023:
- UNIQ 2023 offers both an in-person residential in Oxford and an online support programme.
- UNIQ starts in April, with academic courses in the summer, followed by university admissions support.
- UNIQ is a free programme and applications close 23rd January 2023.
- Applying to UNIQ via our website is very simple and takes about 15 minutes.
- UNIQ gives students the opportunity to find out if Oxford is right for them.
- UNIQ 2023 students get the opportunity to stay in an Oxford college and explore Oxford for themselves.
- UNIQ helps students prepare for University and explore subjects that interest them.
- UNIQ students get to know our Oxford undergraduates and work with our academics in face to face lectures, labs and tutorials.
- UNIQ enables students with similar interests in local regions and across the UK to connect with each other through social and academic activities.
- There are 1350 places on the UNIQ academic summer residential. A further 250 students will be on the reserve list for the residential and will be allocated places on our online academic summer courses.
- Most UNIQ students go on to apply to the University of Oxford and they also get help to prepare for our admissions tests and interviews.
- UNIQ is open to students attending UK state schools and selection considers students’ school grades and their socio economic and educational background.
- UNIQ students who apply to Oxford have a higher rate of success than other students.
For more information on the UNIQ programme, please click here