University Summer School
EDT and Industrial Cadets online and residential Insight into University summer schools give students an opportunity to experience STEM studies at various top UK universities, as well as make their UCAS application stand out.
Places on each course are limited.
For students in Yr12 or Yr13: Virtual Insight into University Experience
This course is like no other! With the mix of live sessions, recorded lectures and hands-on practical STEM activities and projects set by leading UK universities and global STEM companies, you will have a unique opportunity to access all this amazing content in one place, tailor a course to suit your interests and do it at your own pace over the summer.
Here is a selection of what’s on offer this summer:
- Life Sciences from University of Warwick
- Materials Science from University of Oxford
- Maths from Lancaster University
- Food Science from University of Nottingham
- Chemistry and Drug Design from Kingston University
- Chemical Engineering from UCL
- Forensic Science from Abertay University
- Engineering from University of Sheffield
- Computer Science from University of Liverpool
- Biomedical Engineering from University of Strathclyde
- And lots more!
For more information and the application form please visit https://www.etrust.org.uk/insight-into-university
For students in Yr13: Residential Insight into University Experience
Our residential courses run over 4 or 5 days where you get a taster of university life and an insight into a specific STEM subject. In summer 2022 these will include:
- Maths at Lancaster University
- Materials Science at University of Cambridge
- Mechanical Engineering at UCL
- Robotics & Autonomous Systems at University of Liverpool
- Broad-based Engineering at University of Sheffield
It’s just like studying at university! You will get the opportunity to experience university style lectures and work on activities and group projects with the support of academics and student mentors. Throughout the duration of the course, you will stay in halls of residence and will take part in social activities in the evenings.
For dates, cost, requirements, content of each course and the application form, please visit https://www.etrust.org.uk/residential-insight-into-university