Workday Financials Apprentice – Kainos, Belfast
Are you ready to take your next big steps towards a fantastic career in Business, Finance and Technology? We are a growing, global organisation which delivers technology transformation that changes the world and improves lives.
Our highly regarded scheme now gives the opportunity to work for us as a Workday Financials Apprentice four days per week, while studying for a part time degree in Financial Technology one day per week, with Ulster University (Belfast) completing your degree in just four years.
Click here to find out more about the Financial Technology Degree qualification.
What we do in Workday at Kainos
Kainos prides itself on the quality of its people; we have knowledge and experience derived from over 34 years of successful technology deployments. We work hard to recruit and retain positive, customer-focused and ambitious people, locally within each of the regions we service.
Workday is a hugely flexible and powerful Human Resource, Financial Management and Payroll solution. With this flexibility comes the ability to configure Workday to drive a solution that meets our clients’ strategic goals and operational vision.
This is where we come in. Our consultants are fully certified in Workday and have high levels of experience in the ecosystem. They work with our clients from throughout the world to implement and optimize their Workday solutions to maximise the value from our clients’ Finance, HR (Human Resources) and Payroll functions.
Included in the Apprentice:
- All university fees will be paid for
- Competitive full-time salary throughout the scheme.
- Permanent position with Kainos from day one.
- Opportunity to achieve fully funded professional Workday qualifications
- Comprehensive induction and training
- Fantastic career opportunities
Sounds great, so what will I be doing?
As a Workday Financials Apprentice at Kainos, you will work and learn with us as part of a team building our business and then developing solutions within our real projects, learning all about our many Workday Projects and Customers.
When you first join the apprenticeship scheme, you’ll gain experience working as part of the Workday Operations team which includes the PMO (Programme Management Office), Credit Control, Staffing and Financial Analytics Teams. On successful completion of this rotation, you will then gain experience within the Workday Financials Team and continue your development towards becoming a Workday Consultant. You will be fully supported by experienced colleagues in the team as well as an experienced mentor, who will provide training and mentoring throughout your studies.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
You’ll need to have
- GCSE Mathematics (A to C*) and English (A to C), or equivalent; and
- A level grades BCC if including A-level Mathematics, or BBC if not completing A-level Mathematics; OR
- A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma or equivalent
(We are flexible on subjects, but we think this opportunity is particularly well suited for someone who has studied Business Studies, Mathemetics, Economics, Accounting, Statistics or an IT related subject)
You will also be asked to demonstrate through the application and assessment process:
- A keen interest in developing a career in FinTech, with strong numeracy skills
- You think logically, with a willingness to self-learn and research, and take a forward-thinking approach to problem solving
- Teamworking skills – everyone in Kainos works in tight-knit teams, so working collaboratively as a team is crucial
- Our consultants are creative – you’ll be able to show us your skills for coming up with new ideas and ways of doing things, how you have solved problems and looked at things differently
Closing date: Monday 13th March*
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview and assessment. Successful applicants will join Kainos in role in September 2023.
*Our apprentice schemes are very popular and therefore earlier application is encouraged. The standard is high, we recommend that you invest time to create your application to best demonstrate your skills and interests.