Year 8 & 9 Parents Evenings Rescheduled
As a result of industrial action teachers have been advised by their unions not to attend parent meetings after school. Therefore we have to re-schedule our year 8 and 9 parent teacher meetings for Wednesday 15th February 2017. I am aware that school closures interrupt learning and are an inconvenience to parents and carers and so I am writing to give you advance notice of these arrangements.
Please see below for the arrangements for that day.
- The school will be closed for all students on Wednesday 15th February 2017 to facilitate the year 8 and 9 parent teacher meetings.
- All subject teachers will report to parents on that day as follows:
YEAR 9 PARENT TEACHER MEETING
- The year 9 parent teacher meeting will begin at 9.30am and will finish at 11.30am. Parents are asked to arrive early to ensure that all teacher consultations are completed before 11.30am.
YEAR 8 PARENT TEACHER MEETINGS
- The year 8 parent teacher meeting will begin at 1pm and will finish at 3pm. Parents are asked to arrive early to ensure that all teacher consultations are completed before 3pm.
- Year 8 and 9 pupils may attend the meeting with parents/carers if this is convenient for child care arrangements.
- Some teachers who are not involved in the parent meetings may wish for their post16 class(es) to attend for one of the sessions. These arrangements will only apply to post 16 students and will be made by the teacher. The teaching lesson will last for the full duration of the session – ie 9.30 – 12 noon and/or 1pm – 3.30pm. In such cases parents will be informed by text message.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.