New Accounting Programme at QUB – Information Event 26 September 2023
The Accounting Department at QUB is replacing BSc Accounting with a new programme, MAcc Advanced Accounting with Placement.
The MAcc is an integrated undergraduate programme (combining undergraduate and Masters-level study in one four-year course). It is unique in the UK and Ireland in offering:
- a final Masters-level qualification (Master of Accounting), with students paying undergraduate fees in each of the four years;
- exemption from Chartered Accountants Ireland CAP1 and CAP2* exams and maximum permitted exemptions from other professional bodies;
- a paid work-based placement during Semester Two of Year Four, together with a work-related research project;
- an alternative exit point after three years, with students awarded BSc Accounting.
* CAP1 approval obtained and CAP2 being processed
The programme will be open for applications in September 2023, with the first Year One cohort commencing in September 2024.
We would like to invite prospective students and their parents to a launch event at the new Queen’s Business School building on the Riddel Hall campus (Stranmillis Road) on Tuesday 26th September 2023 from 6.00pm-8.00pm in the Seminar Room (0G.039). The agenda for the session is outlined below;
6-6.30pm Food on arrival & networking
6.30-7pm MAcc presentation by QUB
7-7.15pm BDO presentation: an employer perspective
7.15-8pm Q&A session
Please RSVP by 22nd September using the following link: Register your interest here