SIMS Parent App
- Posted by Fearghal Quinn
- Posted in School News
To improve our parental engagement we are delighted to be able to introduce the SIMS Parent App, a convenient new way to share information with you regarding your child’s school life. This information is easily accessed from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere.
Click on the link below to access the Installation guide produced by our IT Systems Administrator;
SIMS PARENT APP Installation guide
The application will be rolled out to the whole school over the course of term 1. The dates that the application will be available to each Year group are outlined below;
- Year 8: 26th September
- Year 13: 11th October
- Year 14: 4th November
- Year 10: 15th November
- Year 11: 22nd November
- Year 12: 29th November
- Year 9: 6th December
What will you find in the SIMS Parent app?
- Important information such electronic copies of reports, teacher assessment data, student attendance details and timetable information.
- Important dates for your diaries and contact details available at the click of a button
- Notifications to remind you about events or activities
- Access for you to update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency
- If you have more than one child at school, you’ll have access to information for all your children from the same app.
Getting started with the SIMS Parent app
We have sent an activation email; simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone to activate your account.
In order for you to receive an invitation to join the SIMS Parent app, we must have your correct email address, (of which you know the password); please check your junk folder before contacting us. If you have not received your activation email please contact Mrs Kyra Crawford our Systems Administrator at email@example.com
When you follow that link for the first time, you will be asked to associate your Parent App account with another account, such as a Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft or Office 365 account. Please choose the account that you know the password for, this is very important as only one account can be associated with the App. Once you have used the Registration Link, you need to use the normal logon link to log in.
It is this associated account you use from then on when logging on to the Parent App – there is no separate username and password for the Parent App.