UPDATE FOR THE ATTENTION OF PARENTS AND CARERS
Following the Education Minister Peter Weir’s statement on 31st December 2020 I would like to outline our revised arrangements for the return to school for January.
Please note that the BTEC Business Studies Examination for Year 13 students will take place as scheduled on Wednesday 6th January from 9.15 to 12.15 (plus extra time as applicable).
The first day of our normal school term, Wednesday 6th January, will now be used to prepare for remote learning. Students do not attend on this day, with the exception of the BTEC exams students as above.
Remote learning will therefore be available for all year groups on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th January.
- Please see ‘Omagh CBS Remote and eLearning Overview’ for guidance.
- Vulnerable children or children of key workers and those students who have no access to online resources at home in years 8 to 11 may attend on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th January.
- In such cases, supervised IT provision will be made available for them upon reporting to reception at 9am.
From Monday 11th January, pupils in years 8 to 11 will continue to be taught remotely until the end of January, using Microsoft Teams and Class Notebooks.
- Student work will be ongoing, with available class teaching resources, engaging activities and a variety of assignments. Teachers will use a range of monitoring and feedback strategies as part of maintaining continuous assessment.
- Vulnerable children or children of key workers and those students who have no access to online resources at home in years 8 to 11 may attend, and in such cases, will attend their timetabled classrooms as normal.
From Monday 11th January, pupils in years 12 to 14 will attend school for face-to-face teaching;
- Please note, the use of face coverings is now required in all post primary settings, including the classroom.
- The English Language Unit 1 GCSE Examination (worth 37.5% of final GCSE) will be undertaken by all Year 12s as scheduled on Tuesday 12th January 2021, from 9.15 to 11.00am (plus extra time as applicable).
- In order to facilitate preparation for this English GCSE examination, Year 12 students should continue to use their English Class Team resources and exemplars.
- Year 12 students will also be set a GCSE past paper as a Class Team assignment on Thursday/Friday. This should be completed as a timed piece and handed in online.
- On Monday 11th January, Year 12s will have their lunch from 12.30, to allow the afternoon to be set aside in preparation for their Tuesday GCSE examination, including feedback and discussion of the completed Past Paper.
If you have any queries, please email us email@example.com
Mr F McConnell, Principal